1. Who wears toe rings and ankle bracelets? <back to top>
Males and females of all ages enjoy adorning their bodies with jewelry. Currently, more females than males wear toe rings and ankle bracelets. However, with the casualization of men’s clothing, men are redefining their look. Accessories, including toe rings and ankle bracelets are becoming an acceptable and important part of their lifestyle. Men have handsome feet and ankles for adornment, and jewelry from Barefoot Toes can add another dimension to the casual look.
2.How do I know what size toe ring to order? <back to top>
The best way to visit any of our events and let our staff professional measure your for the correct size toe ring. Or, visit our contact us page here and request a free toe ring sizer.
3. What is the difference between adjustable and fitted toe rings?
<back to top>
Most people prefer fitted toe rings because of comfort. The fitted rings go all the way around and fit like a ring on your finger. Conversely, adjustable rings most open in the back and pinch, get caught in clothing or carpet, and/or break. When people get a fitted toe ring, they often wear it all the time and forget they have it on.
4. How do I know my toe ring size? <back to top>
Barefoot Toes has over 25 sizes of rings ranging from 1-6.5. Just as rings for your fingers may be a different size on each hand, your toes may be different on each foot. For a good fit, it is important to measure the toe. Come to an event for a personal fit, or request a ring sizer.
5. What is a stack of rings? <back to top>
Barefoot Toes stacks rings for looks, style and comfort. A stack of three rings on the toe looks like a single ring and is priced as a single ring. You are actually getting 3 separate rings. Because the rings are not connected, there is more flexibility as you walk, which allows for more comfort. Awareness of the rings may be felt for a few days (just as a new ring for your finger). After that, most people forget they have rings on their toes.
6. Do children ever wear these rings? <back to top>
Because the rings are a small size, children find them desirable to wear on their fingers as well as their toes.
7. Do adults ever wear these rings on their pinkie finger? <back to top>
Adults wear the rings on their toes as well as their pinkie fingers. The rings are sometimes purchased to match--such as a toe ring worn on the left foot with a matching ring for the left pinkie or perhaps the opposite pinkie.
8. What is the difference between 14K Gold and Gold Filled? <back to top>
14K gold is the most popular precious metal alloy sold in the U.S. The bright yellow luster lasts indefinitely. Occasional cleaning/polishing keeps it bright and beautiful.
Gold filled is made with less gold than 14K and costs less. It is durable and can be worn by most people without reactions or difficulties. The metal needs more care to maintain the luster. With continual wear and consideration of one’s lifestyle, the luster may last 1-5 years.
9. Is any special meaning associated with wearing your toe ring(s) on a specific toe? <back to top>
Many years ago, a tribe in Africa used a ring on the big toe of the female as a symbol of marriage. As far as Barefoot Toes knows, there is no special meaning affiliated with wearing rings on any toe. It is a personal preference and is significant only to the wearer. A diamond toe ring may signify a special occasion. People purchase toe rings as a remembrance of a passage of life, a special occasion, or “just because. Friends and family sometimes purchase toe rings together and it serves as a special bonding experience.
10. Will my rings tarnish? <back to top>
Generally the rings do not tarnish. The body chemistry of many people maintains the luster of the metals. Water containing certain chemicals is an exception. Water in hot tubs, pools with high chlorine, salt water, or well water containing iron may tarnish sterling silver and/or dull gold. If this happens, remove the rings and polish with a treated jewelry cloth. The original luster should return.
11. How do I get my toe rings on or off? <back to top>
Using glass cleaner, lubricate your toe and toe rings. To put them on, scoot one ring at a time from underneath over the toe pad. Apply additional glass cleaner as you add other rings. To take them off, lubricate both the toe and rings and scoot off, one ring at a time. Removing rings is usually easier than putting them on.
12. When should I remove my toe rings? <back to top>
- Some people wear their toe rings all the time. Fitted toe rings are so comfortable that you forget you have them on.
- For a medical situation, it may be important to remove your toe rings. This may include pregnancy, taking medications that cause your feet and/or toes to swell, or undergoing a medical procedure.
- Cleaning the rings periodically will maintain their beauty. Remove the rings to clean them
- A hot tub may have chemicals that tarnish silver and/or dull gold. Barefoot Toes suggests removing your rings before getting into a hot tub. If you forget and the rings tarnish or dull, remove the rings and polish with a treated jewelry cloth.
- For ease in removing the toe rings, use glass cleaner to lubricate both your toe and rings.
13. How do I clean my rings? <back to top>
To maintain the luster of your jewelry, it is important to use specific jewelry cleaning products. Some products are only safe for silver jewelry and other products are safe for silver, gold, and platinum. Lubricate your toe and toe rings to remove them. Then follow the directions of the jewelry cleaning product.
14. Where on the ankle should an ankle bracelet be worn? <back to top>
Comfort, personal preference, and the style of the ankle bracelet determine where you choose to wear your ankle bracelet. Barefoot Toes suggests above or below the ankle bone, or stacked--wearing more than one ankle bracelet on the same ankle. If the ankle bracelet rests on the ankle bone, rather than above or below the bone, the movement of the foot puts strain on the jewelry and may cause the ankle bracelet to break.
15. How do I know what size ankle bracelet I wear? <back to top>
To measure for an ankle bracelet size, use a chain type necklace and wrap it gently around the ankle below the ankle bone. Then measure that length on a ruler or tape measure. Typically, it will be 10-12 inches. That size will be a good fit below the ankle bone. Subtract an inch for the size above the ankle bone. When in doubt, purchase the size to fit below the ankle bone.
16. What is the most popular ankle bracelet size? <back to top>
Ankles are various sizes like feet and hands. Barefoot Toes sells more size 10 ankle bracelets than any other size. Sizes are available from 8 inches to 11 inches, and some styles may be customized for larger or smaller.